Monday, July 4, 2011

A discussion

A conversation between the waiter and the customer at "The Meal Machine" restaurant!
Waiter: Hello. What would you like to order?
Customer: I'm not sure. I've never been here before. Could you tell me what you've got?
Waiter: We've got snacks, main meals, desserts and drinks. Do you just want a snack or something else?
Customer: I'd like a main meal, a dessert and a drink.
Waiter: So, regarding the main dishes we've got chicken , beef and corn. Moreover we've got a wide range of salads like: ham and vegetarian salads. There's also baked potato with low-fat cheese or vegetables. Our list includes grilled chicken with side salad and/or vegetables and grilled fish with side salad and/or vegetables. In addition. our last dish is seafood pizza. What would you like of them?
Customer: I think I'll have a grilled chicken with side salad without vegetables.
Waiter: After the main dish we will bring you a dessert. Would you like baked apple, low-fat yoghurt in your favourite flavour or fresh fruit?
Customer: Could I have a baked apple,please? That's sounds nice!
Waiter: Of course! In addition, would you like to drink a n orange juice?
Customer: No, I don't think I want that. Are there other choices?
Waiter: Yes, there are. We've got homemade sugar-free lemonade, low-fat milk, water and juices in three flavours except the orange. Apple, potato and strawberry juice. What do you prefer?
Customer: Mmm... I'll take the homemade lemonade with a small amount of suger.
Waiter: Thank you for coming here! You will have your order quit soon.
An hour later...
Customer: Sorry... Can I have the bill, please?
Waiter: Yes, of course! That's 15.67, please.
Customer: Great. Here you are!

2 comments:

  1. Woow!! That is a great dialogue! Even better than the one we had in class! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am speechless!!! I love it!! You help me to improve my english!! This blog is really useful!!! Thank you, girls!

    ReplyDelete