Thursday, August 2, 2012

Michigan Writing: Letter

Dear Editor,

I am writing in connection with the advertisement that appeared in your newspaper about job satisfaction. I am a high school student and I would like to express my opinion on this issue.

First of all, as far as I am concerned, I believe that one aspect which makes a job more satisfying is the people who you work with. If you have a good relationship with your colleagues, then you will be able to cooperate more easily. Furthermore, a spacious and convenient working environment will definitely help you, especially if you have access to the Internet, too. What is more, it plays an important role if your profession is interesting and creative and not only profitable, since you will be willing to work overtime without complaining.

On the other hand, problems may arise when people are dissatisfied with their job. These are, in particular, psychological and financial ones. For instance, some people may not be as productive as they used to, because they are not able to keep their eagerness and willingness to continue their profession effectively. Moreover, they might feel depressed. The reason for this is that the job they are offered may not have any advantages and, as a result, they are not efficient. In addition, it is likely that they will not earn enough money and they cannot make a living.

I hope that my letter will be published and that my views will be taken into account.

Yours sincerely,
Christina Mavradonaki

1 comment: